8.1 Overview of Fluid and PVT Analysis Reporting
|For Standard||PRODML v2.0|
PRODML includes a set of XML data objects that can be used to consistently capture and communicate fluid and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) analysis data covering:
- Fluid System and “rock-fluid feature” from which a sample was taken;
- Sample acquisition, including the methods and conditions of the operation;
- Sample Container in which a sample is transported;
- Laboratory Analysis and results thereof;
- Fluid System Characterization and property generation for upstream technical workflows.
The PVT data objects are designed to improve reliability and reduce costs for data exchanges between field personnel, laboratory personnel, subject matter experts, and end users including technical software applications. The standard is also designed to support the evolution of a single “document” for a fluid sample’s lifecycle. Other uses include storing these data in a system of record.
These chapters do not specify how to perform these steps in the reservoir fluid’s lifecycle; however, the standard has been designed to allow data to be initially incomplete and updated as additional data are developed. Also, final products—such as a fluid property table or an equation-of-state (EoS) model—remain connected to the earlier lifecycle stages of characterization, analysis, and acquisition and the reports and documents created at each stage.
For a quick overview or to be able to make a presentation to colleagues, see the slide set: Worked Example PVT.pptx which is provided in the folder: energyml\data\prodml\v2.0\doc in the Energistics downloaded files.