24.4 Further Information on Product Volume
|For Standard||PRODML v2.0|
Product Volume has not been updated during the development of PRODML version 2 (other than to adopt the style of XML as defined in the CTA). This is primarily to keep the data model compatible with the usage of version 1.x Product Volume, as used primarily on the NCS. There is no exhaustive usage guide for product volume, product flow model, and time series, as can work together as outlined in this chapter, Chapter 25 Product Flow Model , and Chapter 26 Time Series . However, there are documentation sources that use version 1.x examples that are still applicable to version 2 because the data model has not changed.
- Online documentation for the NCS. This defines a standard of patterns for the usage of product volume for volume reporting to partners and regulators via the EPIM Reporting Hub. This is a very large scale adoption of PRODML where additional business rules have been added to define the norms for the usage of the base standards.
- EPIM Reporting Hub introduction https://epim.no/erh/
- EPIM Reporting Formats https://epim.no/erf/. These are very similar schemas to Product Volume although in the earlier v1.x style. They have modified for use in the reporting in Norway but may be useful to review alongside the example linked to below.
- Norwegian Regulator’s introduction http://www.npd.no/en/Reporting/Production/Reporting-production-data-to-the-Norwegian-Petroleum-Directorate/
- A PRODML companion document which was produced as part of an extension to PRODML further to a change request from a member organization. This extension added a number of features to make production surveillance easier to implement. The document deals with the interplay between product volume, product flow model and time series data objects to be able to use them for production surveillance. This document is entitled PRODML Product Volume, Network Model and Time Series Usage Guide and it can be found in the folder: energyml\data\prodml\v2.0\doc in the Energistics downloaded files. Extracts from that document have been included here. The document shows PRODML v1.x style schemas and examples but the data model has not changed in v2.x.