4.4 Typical Workflow
|For Standard||PRODML v2.0|
A data exchange using the Simple Product Volume data object is expected to proceed as follows:
- Establish the “reporting entities” (e.g. the wells, completed intervals, fields, etc., against which volumes are reported) between sender/reporter and receiver/partner. The sender needs to send the details of the reporting entities just once (and updated them if they change). Subsequent transfers only need to include the volumes being reported against the previously-transferred entities.
- On an agreed periodic basis, transfer the volumes associated with these entities.
- On an event-driven basis, transfer other important ancillary data, e.g., well test data, well production parameter changes, tanker lifting, or transfers of product in and out of the asset.
- Once per periodic or event-driven transfer, describe the fluids whose volumes are being reported (e.g., oil, gas, water and any details of these).
- If the configuration of the asset changes, transfer the changes/updates. For example, if a new well is completed, the sender must send to the receiver the new well information and its place in the reporting entity hierarchy.