22.214.171.124 Conflict Resolution: Exchange in Multiple Sessions with Persistent Data Store
|For Standard||RESQML v2.0.1|
Figure 126.96.36.199-1 shows an example workflow for resolving data conflicts resulting from updates and exchange during multiple sessions with persistent data store.
The scenario is similar to the single-session scenario:
- Software A exports EPC_A.
- Software A saves (persists) H and F in alternative storage (for example, a database), then Software A Session1 is closed.
- Software B imports EPC_A and edits are made to H, creating H*.
- Software B exports document EPC_B: H* and F (no changes).
- Software A begins a new session, Session 2, and reloads H and F from alternative storage.
- When Software A imports EPC_B into Session 2, Session2 has enough information to know without using EPC_A that:
- F has not been modified, and does not have to be reloaded.
- H* is an edited version of H; there is enough information to let a user decide how to reconcile the two versions.