1.3 Resource Set: What’s Included When You Download WITSML
|For Standard||WITSML v2.0|
WITSML is a set of XML schemas (XSD files) and other technologies freely available to download and use from the Energistics website. When you download WITSML, you get a zip file structured as shown in Figure 1.3-1 , which contains the resources listed in the tables below in these 2 main groups:
- 1.3.1 WITSML Resources . The schemas and documentation specific to WITSML. Note in Figure 1.3-1 (left) (red square):
- WitsmlAllObjects.xsd is schema that includes all other schemas in shown.
- The WitsmlCommon schema includes objects shared by other WITSML data objects.
- 1.3.2 Energistics Common Technical Architecture Resources (in the common->v2.1 folder) Components of the Energistics Common Technical Architecture (CTA), which is a set of specifications, schemas, and technologies shared by all Energistics domain standards. The components required for WITSML are included in the WITSML download.
- NOTE: Most of the WITSML and Energistics documentation resources are now included in Energistics Online (in addition to the download).
To download the latest version of WITSML, visit the standards download page on the Energistics website at: https://www.energistics.org/download-standards/