6.1 Wellbore Geology Data Object
|For Standard||WITSML v2.0|
The wellbore geology data object (WellboreGeology) (Figure 6.1-1):
- Provides the unambiguous modeling of data for different levels of geological description and interpretation; it covers the areas of geology and hydrocarbon show evaluation that are performed at the wellsite.
- References a parent wellbore.
- Is a growing data object because as measurements are taken (at increased depth) that data is added to the wellbore geology object.
- Includes several “part_ objects” to support streaming data with ETP. These part objects exist for geological intervals for cuttings, interpreted lithology, and show evaluation. The sections below provide more information.
The wellbore geology object addresses the following main tasks in wellbore geology, which is reflected in the object design:
- Cuttings descriptions (CuttingsGeologicInterval)
- Geological interpretation (InterpretedGeologyInterval)
- Show evaluation (ShowEvaluationInterval)
Figure 6.1-2 shows the use of separate geology intervals for cuttings, interpreted lithology, and show evaluation as they might be presented on a graphical mud log. The following sections describe the related data objects and their usage.
The following pseudo-code example shows the hierarchy of the main wellbore geology objects, which are explained below.