184.108.40.206 Process for Digitizing a Log
|For Standard||WITSML v2.0|
To digitize a log, the following process must be followed:
- Identify the associated well using header information.
- Identify the well log tracks, for each track:
- Identify track left and right edges
- Identify depth markers in the track, tag depth
- For each curve on a well log track, do the following:
- Identify track left and right scale values
- Identify curve backup regime
- Capture curve points either manually or using an automated process
- For all captured curve information, use mathematical transformations to convert the captured curve pixel locations to depth/value pairs for each curve.
- Resample curve depth value points to industry standard depth step (i.e. 0.5ft, 0.1524m).
- Generate flat file of the curves and metadata in industry standard format, such as LAS, ASCII or Excel.