9 Fluid and PVT Analysis: Use Cases
|For Standard||PRODML v2.0|
This chapter provides an overview of the main use cases and explains how the set of PVT data objects support them. Use cases include:
- Use Case 1: Sample Acquisition defines the requirements to capture all the relevant information about a fluid sample and its capture, information which may subsequently be needed to understand, quality check, and apply results of laboratory analysis. For details, see 9.1 Use Case 1: Sample Acquisition .
- Use Case 2: Laboratory Analysis provides requirements for the laboratory fluid analysis program and the resulting experiment measurements, which involves many different participants and detailed, accurate communication. For details, see 9.2 Use Case 2: Laboratory Analysis .
- Use Case 3: Sample Characterization is the process of building a numerical model of the laboratory measurements from an individual sample and determining the quality of the results received from laboratory fluid analysis; it involves a QC and verification of the samples and results. For details, see 9.3 Use Case 3: Fluid Sample Characterization .
- Use Case 4: System Characterization is a process with a goal of building a numerical fluid model for data-specific operating scenarios and fluid systems and providing a fluid description to be used in engineering models; data from multiple samples may be used for conditions not investigated in the laboratory. For details, see 9.4 Use Case 4: Fluid System Characterization .
- Use Case 5: Data Storage addresses the storage, search, and retrieval of information in systems of record for the lifecycle of the fluid sample data (i.e., from acquisition to utilization to disposal). For details, see 9.5 Use Case 5: Data Storage .