3.4 Messages for Protocols
|For Standard||ETP v1.1|
This package is the root namespace for all messages in all subprotocols of ETP. Each child package represents a protocol and is decorated with the following UML tagged values:
- ProtocolID. The assigned integer value for this protocol.
- Roles. A comma-delimited list of the role names used in the protocol. Roles identify the parties that send and/or receive specific messages in a protocol.
Each class in this section has the <<Message>> stereotype. The attributes of the message can be either primitives or any of the structured Record classes from the Datatypes package. Each message is decorated with the following UML tagged values:
- MessageTypeID. The integer value of this message type)
- CorrelationId Usage. Specifies how the correlationId is used for this message. A value of "n/a" means that the correlationId is not used for this message and MUST be set to a value of "0" in the message header.
- MultiPart. Specifies if the message can be multipart and indicates that the messageFlags (bits 0x1 and 0x2) MUST be used on this message.
- SenderRole. A string defining the role that sends this message, as opposed to receive it. This allows implementers (human and machine) to know whether the interface should implement as an event or sent message. A value of '*' indicates that all roles may both send and receive the message.